“Industry 4.0” is the global trend right now. No matter whether it's Made in China 2025, USA’s Advanced Manufacturing Strategy, UK’s Manufacturing in 2050 or Japan’s White Paper on Manufacturing Industry, countries with a strong manufacturing industry are all making preparations and ready for the era of automation.
As a hardware-oriented player in the world, Taiwan also continues to closely focus on the applications related to Industry 4.0. Smart solutions based on RFID are explored within this architecture. With rich industry experience as the basis, Microprogram introduces an RFID-based smart material management solution applicable to every stage of mass production. From material input to end of the process, RFID sensors can be used to monitor the production status and leverage the synergies and benefits of integration by assisting in the production workflow and monitoring the process with the communication and connection between systems. This enables horizontal communication and collaboration between machine, equipment, personnel, material and product for the smart management of production processes.
Real-time data generated in the production process can be used in the applications of Big Data and cloud computing for the purpose of data mining, analysis and integration. As production application and work management become efficient in the production process, it not only increases the manufacturing efficiency but also achieves smart for production and material management. Hidden costs in the workflow can be reduced to improve productivity and the role of operators.
As the manufacturing industry becomes more complex, the quality of the final product will be affected by the raw material, content, variation between IoT systems, storage environment and feeding sequence in the production process. Even mass scrapping of final products due to poor control of raw materials also becomes a common scene. Therefore, we must do our best to eliminate those factors of human errors between material management and production management. In the architecture of Industry 4.0, based on the material management and production management of manufacturing plants, Microprogram explores and researches the synergy of RFID based smart material management with the core technology of Cyber-Physical System (CPS) and Internet of Things (IoT).
Problems we solve
- Reduce labor, work time and human error.
- Reduce replenishment time, decrease labor of inventory and improve accuracy of inventory.
- Significantly prevent improper use of materials and operations.
- Improve production execution and management efficiency by helping operators become process supervisors.
- With rich industry experience, we can help corporations undergo the transformation of “Smart Manufacturing” towards Industry 4.0.
- Sensors can be set up in specific areas according to industry requirements and automatically forward correct material information to the back-end system.
- Material status information can be created in the system without manual operation for an “autonomous” and “correct” information flow.
Be our partners
- Medical unit
- Inventory management: factories, schools, hospitals, corporations and the military.
- Personnel control: factories, schools, hospitals, corporations and the military.
- Material matching and storage space management: factories.
- Transit tracking and automatic environmental control: factories.
- Production lines, components, raw materials and personnel can be managed with IoT using RFID's self sensing capability, long range, accurate and fast automatic reading function and technology.
- Data can be compiled and mined to find out valuable information and provide information for decision making in the operation and applications in production management and production processes, ensuring the collaboration between man, machine and material.
- Primary hardware, including firmware, is the in-house core technology developed by Microprogram and can be reinforced further for different applications based on the functions required by customers.