Changhua Christian Hospital (CCH) was founded over a century ago in 1896. It's the main medical system in Central Taiwan. It has lots of branches scattered in Central Taiwan. It serves patients in Changhua, Yunlin, Taichung and Nantou. As the hospital system is expanding, the IT department of CCH uses C++ and Delphi to develop the hospital information system and implement the cross-branch access card management system.
Administration efficiency and safety issues
- Branches are far away from each other.
- CCH has lots of medical staffs and high turnover. Information on staff transfer and change cannot be updated in a synchronized manner.
Synchronization issues of cross information system
- All offices have their own information system and it is hard to manage them altogether.
- There are all types of access and attendance systems, which leads to problems such as different card specifications and multiple cards per user.
- Real-time information transfer is impossible and it takes a lot of time for duplicate management, leading to security loopholes.
Utilization difficulies of information
- Integration of needs from different parties is impossible. The priority depends on the demand time.
- It's hard to check whether a request is completed and evaluate the staff performance.
We adopt the IP-based centralized RFID system and audio-video transmission structure. We connect to the HIS (Hospital Information System) and use the RFID access card system everywhere. We adopt group management, all departments maintain their own list of staffs allowed for each access. They can grant access to individual organization administrators by layer and batch. One person can be in charge of several gates and several people can be in charge of one gate. The privilege is adjusted automatically for job and department changes to reduce the scale of staff movement.
We assign the privilege data to the access system immediately via the IP-based system structure of the network to follow the staff privilege instantly. We can satisfy the requirement for 24-hour medical management and control the danger zones in the hospital effectively by access management of control area. It is required that all branches must be managed by the same software. We meet the requirement by connecting to all branches instantly via TCP/IP network. We can manage the branches via TCP/IP and the software of the hospital headquarter instantly to save a lot of time for system implementation, maintenance and reduce the cost for system maintenance. Our system can be used to sign in and out when users attend educational training and prevents users from signing in for others. Users can also sign in and out faster.
Medical institutions provide 24-hour services everyday and have large medical staffs, patient data and medical equipment. The doctor-patient consciousness is rising and the healthcare system is expanding. All hospitals aim to enhance the service quality based on patient-based ideas. We help medical institutions with the integration and synchronization of the cross-branch HIS via RFID auto-identification technology. Our system manages medical information including patient identification, blood bag, medical record, expensive instrument, EMS, surgery procedure and medicine. Our system reduces medical negligence and increases medical quality and efficiency significantly.
Full utilization of medical resources
- The medical staffs carry out the medical treatment procedure according to the schedule to reduce medical malpractice.
- Increases the usage of medical instruments.
- Cut down the idle time of medical staff and equipment.
The cross-branch service system enhances the medical quality
- Always keeps track of the medical procedure and progress, lowers the infection probability.
- Cuts down the time for medical care and keeps track of the patient's condition.
- Saves the patient waiting time and increases patient satisfaction.
The highly-integration of system boosts the performance of operating and management
- Intensifies the performance of all units and information system.
- Saves waiting time and focuses on patient's needs.
- Reduces medical negligence and increases medical quality and efficiency significantly.